Friday, 19 July 2013

Rachel Sinclair, BA (Hons) Graduation Ceremony



Yesterday was my graduation ceremony. I finally got to wear the cap and gown I had looked forward so much to wearing over the last three years. The actual ceremony was a great occasion (albeit boiling hot throughout the one and a half hour duration). The weather was just beautiful all day but far too hot in a big black robe and hat!

Two things stuck out to me during my ceremony-

1. It was mentioned that for some of us the last three years would have been a very personal journey. I can't think of a better way to describe this time for me. As I have mentioned, I went from being a single girl on her own at the beginning of my University studies to graduating with a husband and a baby sitting in the audience watching me walk the red carpet. It has been a long and challenging journey but I am proud to say I did it!

2. It was also mentioned that this would be the greatest day of our lives so far...As much as I enjoyed wearing the robes, hearing my name read out in the ceremony with those graduating with honours and feeling the intense satisfaction of success, I couldn't help but know I had already had the best day of my life. And now, every day is the best day of my life because I can now dedicate my whole time to my little family whilst doing what I've wanted to do for a long time- be a professional photographer.






I'm so happy right now!

1 comment:

Joanna Horne said...

These are beautiful photos of a thoroughly beautiful graduate. It's an amazing achievement when you stop to think about it. Skye came early, she was very ill when she was born, necessitating a prolonged stay in hospital. You were asked to defer or take a year out but you were determined to graduate on time. How you did the work while feeding and caring for a tiny, tiny baby is quite remarkable. Well done and many congratulations Rachel!