Monday, 31 December 2012

2012 in review


Nothing could possibly top what I became in 2011. Take a look back at my last new year’s post here and see why.
Yes, this year I have continued to enjoy being a wife, an eternal companion- me. This year, 2012, seems to have passed me by so quickly, it honestly feels like yesterday I was writing my 2011 round-up post.
So what have I been up to this year?
First of all, a look at my photography work over the year

Top photos from the Scottish Highlands 



Published work 

           Curve Theatre, Leicester



Royal visit to DeMontfort University, published on the BBC website 'week in pictures'

    

Top photos of each month of 2012


This year, I have
*Completed my second year of university and entered my third and final year
*Celebrated my first wedding anniversary
*Traveled to the Highlands of Scotland three times
*Spent two months of summer in Chester and surrounding areas
*Moved house three times
*Photographed two very different but equally beautiful weddings
*Taken bookings for three more weddings in 2013
*Photographed an engagement session, a pre-wedding session, graduation portraits, a toddler and a teen session
*Worked with the Curve Theatre in Leicester as part of a university module
*Had a number of my photographs published
*Created and opened a brand new site dedicated to my landscape photography- www.rachelsinclair-landscapes.blogspot.co.uk

All this has been great, (even though I have slowed down a lot with my personal photography work towards the end of this year), yet there is one other thing that has taken the top spot for this year, and is also the answer to my question from last year, ‘What will I be in 2012?’. Well, the answer is here:


In 2012, I am a mother-to-be! 

Yes, this year my husband and I found out we were to become parents for the first time and we are extremely excited and longing for the arrival of our little bundle of joy! 

I guess this answers the question I would ask at the end of this new year post too,
'What will I be in 2013?' 
The answer, still a wife and an eternal companion as this year, but now next year I will also be a mother! A whole new exciting chapter beginning, I can't wait!


HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013!

I will post my top photos of 2012 onto my facebook page too, with some added extras, so make sure to take a look!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Oh what an exciting post!
I love the last picture! You are going to be a wonderful. Mom!
Blessings, Joanne

Joanna Horne said...

Wow! What a year 2013 will be! Nothing can ever top becoming a Mother. I'm so proud of you. Happy New Year Rachel and Peter xx x

Anna Stephenson said...

Congratulations on your news Rachel. Being a Mummy is fab!!

Family portrait photographers said...

Thank you so much for this review! I found it very helpful, this seem like a program that would be of great use to me. Keep it up! Thank you very nice picture and wedding. Thanks for sharing it to my all friends................

Family portrait photographers