Saturday, 28 July 2012

Moel Famau

This week I got to climb Moel Famau, a hill (almost classed as a 'mountain') about 25 minutes away from Chester, over the Welsh border. I would be lying if I said I thoroughly enjoyed this walk- a tonne of annoying flies swarming our heads on the ascent made it almost unbearable for me and I was adamant once I reached a bench 100m from the top that I was going no further! However, my curiosity for the view from the top, as well as some calming time for me sitting on that lone bench, was enough to take myself that last stretch and brace the flies one last time.

The view from the starting point





At the summit


Looking down to the winding path we climbed, surrounded by patchwork fields

Sublime colours

My husband and I are one week in to our extended trip to Chester, and having already climbed to two summits and seen many beautiful views, our trip is certainly proving to be filled with adventures!

3 comments:

Joanna Horne said...

What a perfectly lovely place!

Joanne said...

What an amazing view! I love the pictures of the flowers too.
Blessings, Joanne

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Love that first picture. Beautiful!
Duncan In Kuantan