Monday, 2 July 2012

Gareth & Jaimie-lea's Wedding- The Temple



We somehow managed to take the scenic route from Nottingham to Chorley, (thanks to the wonders of Sat Nav!) taking almost 3 hours, so photography time was eaten into a bit, however I still managed to capture lots of gorgeous couple portraits in the beautiful grounds surrounding the Temple. The tall, spotless granite walls made the perfect backdrop, even showing the reflection of Gareth and Jaimie-lea in a couple of shots. The lighting was perfect, the surroundings were perfect and the reason for being there was even more perfect. 


 Fresh out of the Temple :)


Gareth and Jaimie-lea were earlier married for the duration of their mortal lives, the 'til death do us part' bit. But here at the Temple, they were able to be married for eternity, meaning there will be no end to their marriage, even after death. It is a very special thing for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints when they get married to attend the Temple the same day to take the steps to make their marriage last forever. I am so happy that me and my husband came to the Temple on our wedding day too, so as long as we keep our promises to each other, we too will be able to enjoy the blessings of Eternal Marriage. 


Learn more about LDS Temple Marriage here.




7 comments:

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

The most gorgeous photos Rach! I especially love the penultimate picture - they should definitely print out a large copy and frame it. How I wish I had the same quality of photos of my wedding at the temple! Maybe one day we'll come back to England and you can photograph Fie and I at the temple.

Jeremy Bates said...

The pics look great! Congrats to the happy couple. The temple looks so awesome.

Hilary Presbury said...

Lovely photos, and they look so happy.

Rachel said...

Dunc- careful, I took your Temple wedding pics! But that was waaaay before I contemplated photography as a career (and I only had mum's point and shoot!) But yes you should come back and I will re-photograph you.

Jeremy- Thank you for stopping by! Yeh, the Temple is an amazing place to shoot!

Hilary- Thanks for your comments :)

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Rach!

Rachel said...

Thanks anonymous, whoever you are!

joanna.horne said...

Maybe Duncan was referring to the temple being shrouded then, for cleaning.