Sunday, 1 April 2012

A-Z Blogging Challenge: A

I am back! But only for one day! Ha! I am off again early tomorrow morning for a while, but at least I get to start my A-Z Blogging Challenge now, beginning with  A. The aim is to blog about something beginning with each letter of the alphabet, in alphabetical order, for each day of April, minus Sundays. I aim to photograph something beginning with each letter, with a little write-up to go with it.
I will catch up with the rest when I get back as I will not have access to internet where I am going. But for now,


*ASCENT*

My travels last week took me to the Lake District, with its vast lakes, wide open countryside and of course, majestic mountains everywhere you look! Myself, my husband, father-in-law and brother-in-law took a nine hour, nine mile hike up a selection of these mountains, the main one's name being the subject of my next A-Z post for B. The weather was extremely sunny and warm, extraordinary for typical English weather in March, causing there to be quite a haze hanging over the mountains. Here is our, at times very steep, ASCENT to (almost) the final summit.








7 comments:

Katy said...

Such gorgeous photographs, and looks like a fun adventure. Nice to "meet" you, and I'm looking forward to returning to check out more of your photography. Happy blogging!

AndrewMellusco said...

Beautiful scenery. It's a wonderful part of the UK and a fine "A" post!

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Hi Rach, that's a great start to your A-Z challenge! Hopefully you're not gone for too long!

This is me, Duncan D. Horne, visiting you from the A-Z challenge, wishing you all the best throughout April and beyond.

Duncan In Kuantan

Jessica L. Foster said...

Beautiful pictures!

American in Norway said...

Beautiful Photos! I look forward to seeing more from you during the challenge! Good luck! :-)

Kern Windwraith said...

Amazing, exhilarating photographs! Just lovely. You really know your way around a camera! Thanks for sharing these.

Rachel said...

Katy, AndrewMellusco, Duncan, Jessica L. Foster, American in Norway and Kern Windwraith, thank you so much for all your comments! It's great to meet you and I will be looking forward to checking out your blogs and posts soon!
Rachel