Sunday, 8 April 2012

A-Z Blogging Challenge: G

*Glowing and Glorious*

Everyone can take photographs of a sunset. I must have taken thousands in my life. I have seen sunsets and thought to myself, 'wow, that's pretty!' I have appreciated them and recorded them through my camera, but never before have I experienced an act of nature quite so spectacular as this. It honestly was glowing and glorious to watch. This is the sun going down over Loch Linnhe last week after a day of driving through blizzards (notice the snowcapped mountains in the background), only to find the sun brightly shining at the other end.
I have added no colour, I have enhanced no colour, these are simply visual records of what my eyes were viewing at this particular time.



This is a reflection...

...of this

My zoom lens picked up the golden peachy colour of the last traces of sunlight as it eased it's way behind the rugged horizon

3 comments:

Fidelia Sawai Horne said...

Great pictures!

Rachel said...

Cheers Fie!

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

That first picture is beautiful! A great photo = being in the right place + being there at the right time. You had that formula in the bag! Congrats on some beautiful pictures!