Wednesday, 11 April 2012

April A-Z Blogging Challenge: J

*JUPITER*
(and Venus)

On our last night in Scotland, my husband took me out for a night time stroll by the loch. I set my camera and tripod up for a long shutter on the stars, particularly Jupiter and Venus which are very visible at the moment. I ended up with this stunning image and I am very pleased with it! I am not sure which is which though! It is amazing to see how many stars there are once you get out into the open and a long shutter captures even more that you can see yourself at one time.


This is as big as I can get the image on here without oversizing it, but there are a lot more stars visible on it in a larger size!

11 comments:

Joanna Horne said...

What an excellent picture. The stars are marvellous and the loch looks beautiful even at night.

Our Life In A Caravan said...

Fantastic photograph, after living in Scotland for 5 years I appreciate it's low levels of light pollution, but glad to be back down south where it is definitely warmer!

Anna said...

stunning!

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Hi Rach, you should be mighty pleased with that! A beautiful picture. I know that Venus is often visible and we see it on many nights here in Kuantan, but I'm not sure which is which either.

This is me, Duncan D. Horne, visiting you from the A-Z challenge, wishing you all the best throughout April and beyond.

Duncan In Kuantan

Fidelia Sawai Horne said...

Gorgeous night!

janaki nagaraj said...

Wonderful capture.

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Hi Rach, I'm viewing your blog from my samsung galaxy and it looks great! You've done such a lovely job and I love coming here!

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Hi Rach, I'm viewing your blog from my samsung galaxy and it looks great! You've done such a lovely job and I love coming here!

Sylvia Ney said...

You've shared some very beautiful images!

New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

Sylvia
http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

That is one beautiful photo! It would make a great book cover. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month.

Rachel said...

Joanna, Our life in a caravan, Anna, Dunc, Fie, Janaki, Sylvia and Sharkbytes- thanks so much! I appreciate you all taking the time to comment, please visit again!
Rachel