Tuesday, 17 April 2012

April A-Z Blogging Challenge: M

*MOSS & MUSSEL*

I am trying my best to stay caught up with the A-Z Challenge schedule! I had to take a few days to catch up on other things too, most importantly my University work! So here is my M post:

Saw this spongy looking, almost fluorescent in colour moss attached to the slippery rocks of a roadside waterfall on the way to Skye. The raindrops caught in it's grip look like tiny little diamonds.

A mussel shell positioned on the pebbly beach of Plockton, adorned with tiny white, weathered barnacles. (Take a few moments to observe the colours found in the pebbles and shells here- such a variety of warm  purples, reds and yellows. I never really noticed until I looked closer at it!)

I really enjoy picking out these small details that might otherwise go unnoticed.

1 comment:

Joanna Horne said...

I love the moss and the pebbles. Nature is a work of art. Keep your eyes peeled at all times as there's beauty like this all around, in the simplest things.