Saturday, 22 October 2011

Sun bursts

I woke up to this today...


Beautiful sunbeams dancing around my living room. I got my hubby to bang the cushions together to create some dust, I know that sounds gross but it looked surprisingly pretty glowing and floating around in the beams, really showed them up well too. All straight out the camera with only minimal editing for sharpness and clarity. Slight cropping too.



I was so impressed and excited that I started grabbing random objects around my house and getting Peter to hold them in the beams. See what happened below...




I have amazingly white walls in my house which are perfect to use as a makeshift studio if needed.


I am starting to use my blog a bit more as a place for my thoughts,observations and ideas. I want to focus a bit more on finding things, doesn't matter what it is, as long as I am photographing I can never miss out on opportunities like this. It is still a place to see my most recent shoots and adventures too, so keep checking back and leaving me comments! I should have some good shoots coming up within the next couple of months, so keep a lookout!

2 comments:

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

It's good to keep experimenting. I played around with reflecting sunlight using a purple 'diamond' some months back and was very pleased with the results.

Hope you're not having the sniffles now!

The Bee Hive Crafts said...

Love the patterns on the wall! Hope you are well beautiful Mrs S!