Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Observations

One of my lecturers at University told me yesterday to always be photographing- photograph my morning routine, my walk to uni, my friends, everything. Always be on the lookout for an opportunity. I was chuffed when he said this because just a couple of nights before that, I was listening to the rain and caught a glimpse of it through my kitchen window. The drops had fallen on the glass so delicately that they looked like a dusting of tiny diamonds, enhanced by the light shining from the building opposite. I am always taking photos but recently I had forgotten the thought of them being observations. I had to record this- see how the drops shine through the thinness of the leaves and make them appear speckled..


I love to experiment with shutter speed...I decided to turn all the lights off in my house and have the only light source coming from the light on the building outside..It's amazing what results you can get from simply playing around.


I wanted to see if I would get the same kind of effect by using a completely different object...I don't feel it has the same impact as the leaves but my beautiful purple vase certainly benefits from having pretty light shining through it's cracked glass.

No comments: