Sunday, 2 October 2011

Not a day less will do


I know lots of you have been waiting for this post. I took my time with it because I had to find the right words. I am sometimes not so good with words, but this is when I let my images talk for me. 


Some people ask me what do I love more than photography, what would I rather do in a day if I had to choose something other than photo making? Let me introduce you to some of my other hobbies (yes, photography isn't the ONLY thing I do!)


I love to bake. I love my breadmaker which was a christmas present to me last year. I like making fresh loaves and cinnamon rolls with the soft dough it produces. I love experimenting with mealtimes and baking tasty cookies and other treats for after dinner.

I love making my home look pretty. Whether it's buying something new or making some cute craft item or simply having a light spring clean, I enjoy making my house my home.

I love taking walks through pretty places and just being around nature. It makes me feel alive.

There is one thing that I love more than photography. Although the above things bring me much pleasure, they don't even scratch the surface of what I love the most.


The knowledge that I can be with my husband for Time and all Eternity is the one thing that comes before everything else in life and in love. It is the one thing I love the most, way before photography, baking, a house, whatever it is that brings pleasure.


I call this post 'not a day less will do'; for those of you who are not familiar with the LDS faith, we believe marriage is for eternity, not just this life- it continues on after death, so I don't want a single day less than forever, it won't do. Who wouldn't want to spend forever with the person they know they were made for, the person they love? And who could love anything more than that?


I am a lucky girl because I didn't realise what was just around the corner until it came rushing at me at the perfect time and the perfect opportunity. It was unexpected but much needed. I am just thankful I was prepared for it!


This is the thing I love the most. An unexpected blessing is the one that is most worth waiting for.



Find out more about LDS Temple Marriage

Photos taken by Mick Howard, edited by Rachel C Photography.

4 comments:

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Beautiful. You found some good words to put with those lovely photos!

Katie said...

Gorgeous Rach, loved every photo and even more your happiness :'D

Fidelia Sawai Horne said...

Beautiful post Rach! I am glad u found the man that u can spend eternity with. I have found your brother and I am so thankful for that. We've been married for more than five years and there are still so many things to learn about each other and so many interesting things to do with Duncan. I am so glad I am married to him for Time and Eternity!

Joanna Horne said...

I cried when I read this. I'm still trying to find the words to say. You two truly were made for each other. Love you both very much.