Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Highlands Getaway

I am now back from my short break to the Scottish Highlands. My husband and I decided to take a few days before uni starts to get away and enjoy some bracing fresh air, along with some strong winds and pouring rain! We camped at a beautiful place near Fort William and spent our time travelling to the Isle of Skye, Plockton, Arisaig, Glenelg, the Ardnamurchan Peninsula and surrounding areas. There was simply too much to photograph, but the beauty of the surroundings made it easy for me to capture what is shown here.

Below are tasters to following posts. Out of the 650+ photos taken over the four days, I have chosen the best from each place visited to show in separate posts during the next few weeks.

Sunset near Arisaig

Eilean Donan Castle

Plockton Seafront

Taking the high road, Mam Ratagan pass

Glenelg Brochs

Sunbeams at Loch Hourn

Chapel at Glenfinnan

Ardnamurchan Peninsula, Roadside views

Ardnamurchan Lighthouse

Sanna Bay, Ardnamurchan

Ardnamurchan Rainbow

Steall Falls, near Fort William

I hope you will come back to my blog frequently to see each individual post from the Highlands. I also have other posts waiting which will feature shortly. Thank you to my followers, old and brand new! Don't forget to like my facebook page and if you would like to contact me, you can email me at rachelcphoto@gmail.com

7 comments:

Fidelia said...

Very nice photos Rach! Love it!

Heidi Liz said...

What stunning photos, I am so blessed to have such a gifted friend! I can't wait to see the rest of the photos. Love you, Heidi & Louie

Peter Sinclair said...

The Rainbow was the most vibrant we had ever seen, beautiful colours which were so clear. It will probably be the clearest rainbow we will ever see in our lives!

Joanna Horne said...

Stunning!

Snow's said...

These photos are so beautiful, they truly took my breath away and brought tears to my eyes! Your talent is amazing! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Duncan D. Horne said...

These introductory photos are really magnificent and I'm waiting eagerly for the articles about each place!

Duncan In Kuantan

Rachel said...

Thanks so much for your comments everyone!