Friday, 27 May 2011

Birthday

Just sharing some of the cool things I had that made my birthday so special this week...
First, sparkling cupcakes...


And second, a beautiful bunch of bright yellow roses...
The roses were from my fiancĂ©, the cute yellow watering can was a gift from my mother, and the purple ribbon was from my birthday cake. Put them all together and you get this gorgeous flowery still life shot...


I decided to experiment a bit with light when it got darker so I illuminated my roses (now with added purple wildflowers) from the back to create an elongated shadow in the foreground, captured with a long exposure.
These are just two of the cool things I had, there were many more but I wouldn't have room to post it all!
Best birthday EVER.

1 comment:

Duncan D. Horne said...

Glad you had a great birthday Rach. I'd love to see you watering the flowers with that bright yellow watering can!

Duncan In Kuantan