Saturday, 9 April 2011

The last 8 days

You know when you come to that point in your life where you feel like you are stuck, moving nowhere, and you can't see an end to it? There seems to be nothing you or anyone else can do about it so you just have to lump it and get on with life as best as possible. Well I said a little while ago in a post that everybody has stormy patches in life but their rainbows always show through eventually. I wrote that my rainbow hasn't quite broken through the clouds yet, but I have a feeling it soon will...
This last 8 days has been proof of that. My 'rainbow' finally showed in all its glory, and it was the most beautiful sight I have ever seen! After years of heartache and then months of patiently waiting, I now have this perfect love enveloping me. It smothers every bad thing that ever happened. I remember once a good friend told me that my path would become clearer and the light brighter. It took a while to experience this but he was right. I didn't imagine anything like this could happen, good things just don't happen to me, but now I feel so blessed.
I was whisked away to Chester last weekend. I saw so many beautiful things but was a bit too preoccupied to take photos! We went to the zoo and saw flamingos and these really cute red pandas. That's about as far as my camera got!

I have been all over the place this last week or so. I like it! This is going to be the best summer yet, and since University has finished for the year now, I can start enjoying it right away!

1 comment:

Aaron and Jacinda said...

Rachel you HAVE to do Anglesey! From the ruins, the churches, the coastline, the island dedicated to the patron saint of lovers even. It is that very island and bay that our campsite is 5 minutes from and I LOVE it. If Peter hasn't taken you there already, tell him I said he HAS too! And doooo take your camera. :) Love you, Jacinda