Tuesday, 22 June 2010

World Cup fever in Leicester

I have realised I haven't posted anything on the World Cup yet...maybe that's not such a bad thing considering how poorly England have played so far....but I did want to mention how impressed I am at the support Leicester  is showing for our country. This is the view we get walking through Leicester City Centre. I personally think these flags should be a permanent fixture, not just for 4 weeks every 4 years. I am pleased to say that my England flag is flying out of the front window of my home, along with many others I've seen. 


England have one more chance to show the world what they can do in our match against Slovenia on Wednesday. I'd love a win...but if we get sent home early from South Africa, I'm blaming it on the appalling behaviour of some of the England squad in the last year or two...Jacob 2:35, I think that explains it all!

1 comment:

Joanna Horne said...

Great Scripture reference!