Thursday, 27 May 2010

Trees, undergrounds and more...

...it's all a little bit of what I fancy ;)
I love how fresh the colours look in these photos. My brothers and I all love this tree. Its a huge conker tree just down the road from County Hall in Glenfield. We used to go collecting conkers from it every autumn when we were younger. The most fascinating thing is it always looks completely different in every season, yet still holds exactly the same beauty. The branches are so thick as they wend their way upwards towards the sky, kinda like very strong, reliable arms.


I love lines.
This architecture on the County Hall building really caught my eye.

A bit of fun in the underground ;)

Love love LOVE the contrasting yellow and purple colours here.

And a gorgeous thatched cottage burrowed away in stunning grounds in the upper-class part of Glenfield.

2 comments:

Duncan D. Horne said...

Yes, love the conker tree. I have wonderful memories of playing conkers at school every break time, soaking them in vinegar and heating them in the oven in an effort to get the 'hardest' conker!
Perhaps you can take some pictures of lovely shiny conkers later in the year!

Joanna Horne said...

Rach you look like a Power Ranger and Gaz looks like he should audition for Fame or Glee or something.
My favourite tree in the whole worl is the County Hall Conker tree.