Saturday, 8 May 2010

May Temple Trip

Great day. (even if I did almost blackout for a while!) I decided to concentrate on the flowers at the Temple this month. The rhododendrons were plentiful and bursting with colour and the tulips were pretty, standing tall and proud. I love how bright the colours look just after a downpour and the little diamond-like raindrops that are left behind.

The reflection is so crisp and perfect here.





If you look closely, you can see the veins in each petal here.


This photo just makes me want to peel all the buds open!




I can't really take full credit for this photo. My friend showed me this sweet spot in the grounds to shoot this.

These rapeseed fields lined most of the way along the motorway. This shot through the window doesn't do it justice, the colour was much more vibrant than this! So much beauty that goes unappreciated!

4 comments:

Duncan D. Horne said...

That is a hum-dinger of a picture (no.2)! Absolutely fantastic! I'm just waiting for a temple in Singapore...

Duncan D. Horne said...

Can I copy it to put on my desktop?

Joanna Horne said...

I am praying for a Temple in Singapore for you!!

Rachel said...

Thanks! Course you can Dunc!