Monday, 12 April 2010

Out and about

First of all, I want to say a big 'Thank You' to everyone who views my blog. You have now smashed the 1,000 views mark by a long way and hope the next 1,000 views brings as much joy, if not more. So thanks to UK, Malaysia, Canada, Utah, California, New Zealand, Singapore, Borneo, Kenya, Brazil, and all you others around the world that have helped to bring me and my photography this far!

Second, this past weekend was beautiful and sunny and warm. I took advantage and made a trip to Abbey Park and my faithful, loyal fields. I originally went to Abbey Park to get some unique photos at the fair, but alas, there was an entrance fee, which I think is rather disgusting considering the price of the rides and the treats. Ah well. I made the most of the gorgeous scenery and flowers instead.











2 comments:

Duncan D. Horne said...

Nice pictures again Rach. I think you should consider getting a story behind each picture. When a picture has personal meaning, it carries added power. Something simple like your lovely bridge picture could be:
"God will guide you across the bridge of life, whether you are above the water or below it."
This is a simple yet profound statement, which will make people gaze at your pictures for longer, and make them become more lasting. They may also be able to relate to it more as they ponder their life, their ups and downs, times when they've been 'below the water', times when they've been 'above' it etc etc...
Hope you don't mind my advice!

Rachel said...

Yes, thanks Dunc. I have done that with several of my posts. But feedback is always appreciated!