Saturday, 3 April 2010

Christ in the Centre 2010

Good Friday, 2nd April.
This group of people re-enacted the crucifixion of Jesus Christ in Leicester City Centre yesterday. They have been doing it every year since 2003 and I was glad to be able to attend this year. I wasn't too sure at first what it would be like, but I went along, armed with my camera and managed to get a good place at the front. It was quite moving at points, and the actors became very involved in their roles. At the crucifixion scene, the sky actually turned dark and threatened rain, and then the resurrection scene, the sun came out and shone down on the actors. It was all very real and impressive. It was good to know that there are still Christians in Leicester who appreciate events like this!
I hope we can all remember the true meaning of Easter this year. It's not about how many easter eggs you can manage to eat or using it as an excuse to get drunk at parties, it's about the ultimate, selfless sacrifice our Saviour made for us.

































http://citc.dioceseofleicester.com/

(Click on photos to enlarge)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
What can I say?! I have come across your wonderful work and have been able to re-visit the whole experience through your skill as a photographer. The clarity and emotion of each photographs captures the scenes portrayed in this important event. You are very talented and gifted - which I believe is God-given especially as you 'feel' your work so much. Thank you so much for doing this!
Elaine (aka Mary Magdalene)

Rachel said...

Thanks so much Elaine! You're very welcome. I'm glad you were able to find my photos. It was a pleasure to watch you all performing. I hope you'll visit my blog again, I'm always updating!
~Rachel~