Monday, 18 January 2010

'Blue Monday'

So today is supposed to be the most depressing day of the year. The weather is supposedly cold and wet, the Christmas season is supposedly over, it's supposedly the worst time of year to find a job and have good finances and everyone is supposed to be miserable because of it all......

......SURPRISE! I break the mould!!!!! I am somehow very content with and excited about life right now! I don't have a job, I don't have any money, I don't have expensive possessions, and I don't have a special somebody to love, but hey, I have my battered up little camera and my passion for photography! And I have a loooong future ahead of me to do whatever I want with.

Just a little info about my experience of blue monday thus far...I started the day with a refreshing run down to and around my village park field, came home and got ready for the day. I strolled to the post office and library and then took an unplanned detour through to the fields again. The sun was shining and the birds singing and I couldn't help but smile. Saw the first signs of spring on the way, squelched through some sloshy mud, and photographed till my batteries ran out...

I am glad I break the mould of 'blue monday'. I am glad I am happy when society says I should be grumpy and mardy. And I am glad I'm alive in this beautiful world.
Here's the photos...

















No comments: