Monday, 12 October 2009

Out and about in the countryside

This weekend I took a hike out into the countryside with my dad over to the next village. The scenery was beautiful and I had alot of fun getting some quite random photos.


An example of my dream house, in Ratby village. I've always wanted a house with a tower on it. It's beautiful! My American friend would agree with me :)

This post box must be yonks old...G R is the current Queen Elizabeth II Father, King George VI, who died in 1952, so this must be at least 57 years old.

To round off the trip, some grub from Ratby's local chippy. Very tasty! Cheers Dad!

3 comments:

Duncan D. Horne said...

Great picture of dad walking down the country lane! Magnificent! You should print that out and frame it for him. I'd be well chuffed if it was me in that picture!

Joanna Horne said...

Thanks for my pylon picture, it's stunning. I am fascinated by the beauty and unseen power of pylons and think they enhance the scenery rather than detract from it. Fabulous pictures. I too like the one of Dad on the footpath that looks as if it is strewn with lavender of heather.

Joanna Horne said...

OR heather I meant.